With the fantastic summer weather continuing, BBQ’s are in full swing and invitations are flying out left, right and centre for picnics. Here are a couple of ideas for starters that will impress your friends and are the ideal partner for that perfect summer wine, Domaine des Jeanne rosé wine.
- • 300g tub light soft cheese
- • 2 tbsp basil pesto
- • 140g pack grissini sticks (bread sticks)
- • 90g pack prosciutto
- • 1 tbsp pine nuts
- • Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- • Mix the cheese with the basil pesto
- • Take the bread sticks and halve each one
- • Cut the prosciutto into strips and wrap around the end of each bread stick
- • Serve alongside the pesto dip
- • Scatter the pine nuts over the dip and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil before serving
Roasted Red Pepper Shots
- • 1 onion, roughly chopped
- • 1 tbsp olive oil
- • 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- • 1 tbsp sugar
- • 2 tbsp red pepper pesto
- • 400g can peeled plum tomatoes
- • 295g jar roasted red peppers
- • 200ml vegetable stock
- • Basil leaves, for garnish
- • Fry the onion in olive oil for 8-10 mins, then add the crushed garlic cloves, sugar and red pepper pesto and cook for 1-2 mins.
- • Tip in the plum tomatoes, drain and chop the roasted red peppers and add.
- • Pour in the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 mins.
- • Season, then blend until smooth with a hand blender.
- • Cool.
- • Freeze in freezer bags or a microwavable container.
- • To serve, defrost in the fridge overnight, then reheat gently in a pan, or microwave for a few minutes, stirring often, until hot.
- • Serve in shot glasses, garnished with basil leaves.
Now you’re ready to go! For the final touch, serve with a cool chilled glass of Domaine des Jeanne, order here.